2011: The Imprimis Credentials of Factor4 Weight Control®
George A. Scheele, M.D.
Dr. Kelly Brownell is a former Professor of Psychology in the Yale University School of Medicine and former Director of the Ruud Center for Food Policy and Obesity at Yale. Dr. Brownell was featured on the HBO Documentary series, The Weight of the Nation. While there are many reasons why diets do not work, Dr. Brownell and others call attention to three:
- Despite the promised miracles, few diet programs really work, so people try one program after another in the hope that something might finally click.
- The major paradox is that if there was a diet that actually worked, there would be only one. The fact that the list of diets is long suggests that few if any of the programs work.
- A diet may work in the short term because of a cutback in calories, but they tend to not work in the long-term because the weight-loss benefits rapidly disappear.
THE OBESITY CURE
In The Obesity Cure Dr. George Scheele has utilized a lifetime of scientific achievement and clinical insight to develop a new physiological strategy for normalizing body weight and improving metabolic health. This innovative strategy, called Factor4 Health, is based on Dr. Scheele’s unique understanding of the role amino acids, proteins, hormones and neurotransmitters in feedback mechanisms which regulate digestive health, metabolism, and body weight.
The Factor4 Health strategy outlined in The Obesity Cure is built on four recommendations:
- First and foremost is the need to eliminate refined sugars and minimize processed carbohydrates in the diet. This is necessary to decrease blood sugar and insulin levels. When insulin levels are increased in the blood stream, the mechanisms for burning fat are shut off.
- Second, it is necessary to reduce caloric intake in order to burn fat. Particularly harmful is the high carbohydrate diet preferred in the West. Because refined sugars and processed carbs are addictive, this leads to overeating in every imaginable way from increased frequency of meals, increased portion sizes, and excessive snacking.
- Third, maintain protein intake and nitrogen balance without the collateral damage of excess fat consumption. This is where conventional dieting suffers. While cutting out empty calories from carbs and fats should be encouraged, intake of nitrogen-containing amino acids and proteins must be maintained to avoid catabolic (destructive) effects on metabolism and loss in muscle tissue.
- Fourth, take Factor4 Weight Control® to tame appetite, satisfy cravings, increase energy and burn fat. Factor4 also ensures that the first three recommendations are met with success.
Factor4 Weight Control®, contains a rich source of essential, positive-charged, and satiety amino acids (Power Amino Acids®), which act synergistically to reduce appetite, satisfy food cravings, increase energy and optimize fat-burning potential. Factor4 is essential in the regimen because nature does not provide a concentrated form of free Power Amino Acids in natural food.
According to Dr. Scheele, “Given the addictive qualities of the Modern American Diet (MAD), most people are unable to control the physiological urges of indiscriminate food consumption.” This is where the scientific breakthroughs that resulted from Dr. Scheele’s protein studies, conducted over 40 years, provides unique answers. As a result of his extensive research, Dr. Scheele discovered that essential amino acids function as critical satiety signals in the appetite centers of the brain and stomach.
Essential amino acids also preserve the protein infrastructure of the body, a finding that resulted from Dr. Scheele’s proteomic studies using two-dimensional gel electrophoresis, the technique he invented to assess the “protein teams” in organs and tissues throughout the body.
Thus Dr. Scheele discovered that supplementation of the diet with essential, positive-charged and satiety amino acids, referred to collectively as Power Amino Acids (PAA), has the ability to confer the following unique advantages on individuals that suffer from poor metabolic health and overweight disorders:
- Addictive taste disorders are disarmed, which means that individuals can now reduce caloric intake without losing the satiety feelings of comfort, satisfaction and well-being.
- Metabolic pathways are preserved (rebalanced) throughout the body to burn fat.
- Deficiencies in positive-charged amino acids, proteins and enzyme-driven metabolic pathways are corrected to maintain body health and fat-burning capacity.
- These metabolic changes lead to normal body weight, improved body definition, and increased pep, energy, activity, stamina, endurance and performance.
- Improvements in metabolic health throughout the body, including the brain, lead to improved diet, exercise, sleep, attitude, and less dependency on sugar, caffeine and alcohol.
While commercial protein powders contain an abundance of amino acids, these protein-bound amino acids are not only poorly utilized by the body (17% absorbed and 83% wasted according to the International Nutrition Research Center) but their amino acid profiles are deficient in positive-charged amino acids. Factor4 Weight Control®, containing free-form power amino acids, optimally stimulates secretion of pancreatic enzymes to enhance the digestion of dietary protein.
Given these multiple benefits, Factor4 Weight Control® is considered to be up to 6-times more potent in supplying amino acids to the body than commercial protein products. In addition, commercial protein products have little effect on satiety.
In summary, Dr. Scheele’s breakthrough discoveries, funded by the National Institutes of Health, over 40 years, has led to a new class of food supplements that are particularly beneficial in promoting health and wellness in today’s sedentary society. Built on Dr. Scheele’s unique understanding of body metabolism, Factor4 Weight Control® has the potential to not only turn the tide in the obesity epidemic, but to increase productivity and lower health-care costs as well.
Because of its unique scientific mechanism of action, the technology behind Factor4 Weight Control® has received patent protection.
Given the multiple synergistic benefits of Factor4 Weight Control® in normalizing body weight and restoring metabolic health, this innovative dietary strategy deserves the imprimis (first-in-class) credentials associated with a unique breakthrough in weight control technology.
George A. Scheele, M.D.
Dr. Scheele is a world-renowned physician, inventor, author and two-time Nobel Associate, who has pioneered in understanding the critical role of amino acids in regulating metabolic health and body weight. He recently introduced Factor4 Weight Control® with essential ingredients to treat the four nutritional traps that lead to overweight disorders and obesity.
As a graduate of Princeton University and Johns Hopkins Medical School he served as Professors of Medicine on the faculties of The Rockefeller University, Yale University School of Medicine and Harvard Medical School. Dr. Scheele invented new concepts and techniques which “cracked the code” in understanding how Power Amino Acids® correct the deficiencies in amino acids, positive-charged proteins, and metabolic pathways that normalize body weight and restore metabolic health.
A pioneer in the development of the fields of Cell Biology and Molecular Biology and their impact on understanding chronic human diseases, he participated in work that won two Nobel Prizes in Medicine awarded in 1974 and 1999.
As a leader in nutritional science and medical research with 40 years of innovative scientific research and 10 years of breathtaking achievements in the fields of obesity and metabolic disease, Dr. Scheele’s passion has always been to “Make the World a Better Place”. After moving to La Jolla in 1998, he has utilized his vast experience to develop superior health-care products for individuals living in today’s fast-paced world.
Dr. Scheele is currently the Founder, President, and CEO of NovaLife, Inc. a San-Diego based biotech company that has pioneered in the development of innovative health-care products for people who suffer from obesity and metabolic diseases, including diabetes, lipid disorders, cardiovascular disease, autoimmune disorders, and aging.
Confidential Document: All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or any other information storage and retrieval system, without the written permission of the publisher.
Disclaimer: Factor4 Weight Control® is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease by the use of pharmaceutical drugs. As a dietary supplement, with all natural ingredients, considered to be “generally regarded as safe” (GRAS), Factor4 is intended only to improve health and wellness in the organs and tissues throughout the body. Comments and notations, derived from testimonials and limited human studies, have not been evaluated by the FDA. All results stated in these medical and scientific articles and on our website(s) are actual results from real customers or individuals included in our clinical trials. Individual results may vary depending on personal goals and use.