The Perfect Storm: A Food Crisis, a Disease Crisis,
and an Economic Crisis Encircling the Globe
George A. Scheele, M.D.
WHAT METABOLIC DISEASES DO AMERICANS SUFFER FROM?
Despite enormous strides in medical science, America is suffering increasingly from four epidemics:
- Metabolic risk factors like blood cholesterol, sugar, and inflammation
- Overweight disorders and obesity
- Metabolic diseases associated with the Metabolic Syndrome
- Autoimmune diseases
WHAT CAUSES THESE EPIDEMICS IN AMERICA?
- We have a FOOD CRISIS in this country caused by America’s appetite for “fast food.”:
- Addictive taste disorders have led to the Modern American Diet (MAD) and the Standard American Diet (SAD)
- As MAD and SAD encircle the globe, following the expansion of the fast food industry, the food crisis has expanded metabolic diseases around the world at alarming rates.
WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES OF THESE DISEASES SPREADING AROUND THE WORLD?
- Metabolic disease, like type 2 diabetes, affect every organ and tissue throughout the body.
- As chronic degenerative diseases metabolic disease is frightfully expensive.
- Health-care costs are climbing faster than gross domestic products here at home and abroad.
- Health-care costs have already bankrupted most of the world’s economies.
- The troubling fact is the interdependent relationship between: the FOOD CRISIS, the DISEASE CRISIS, and the ECONOMIC CRISIS.
- Since 1980, with the introduction of high fructose corn syrup, adult obesity has doubled, childhood obesity has tripled and morbid obesity has sextupled!
WHY ARE THE COSTS OF OBESITY AND TYPE 2 DIABETES SO HIGH?
- A LAP Band operation costs between $12,000 and $15,000.
- A gastric bypass operation costs between $15,000 and $25,000
- A kidney transplant operation costs $100,000
- The costs of a heart transplant are higher still.
WHY DO PEOPLE NOT RESPOND TO SIMPLE ADVICE ON GOOD DIETARY HEALTH
- Approximately two-thirds of the American people eat fast food, which contains low quality carbohydrate and fat products. While these products are affordable, they are also harmful to the body.
- Approximately one-third of Americans eat slow food, which contains high quality protein products and abundant vegetables. However, slow food is not affordable for the masses, either in cost or tempo.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU EAT THE WRONG DIET?
This is where our breakthrough research has provided valuable insights:
- People on high carb diets become protein deficient, particularly in their ability to produce positive-charged proteins. We call this Selective Protein Deficiency Syndrome (SPDS).
- SPDS upsets the balance between metabolic pathways and these imbalances promote a wide spectrum of metabolic diseases that we are talking about.
WILL THE FOOD INDUSTRY LOWER CARBOHYDRATE LEVELS TO PREVENT DISEASE?
- Unfortunately the answer is NO because of the Perfect Storm in sugar addictions.
WHAT IS THE PERFECT STORM IN SUGAR ADDICTIONS?
Three elements come together with the disastrous consequences of a “Perfect Storm:”
- Consumers are addicted to sugar and high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) as shown over the past 10 years by researchers at Princeton University
- The Food industry is addicted to the lucrative profits of sugar and HFCS.
- The farmers are addicted to government subsidies to grow corn ($3.5 billion a year)
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CORRECT THE DEFICIENCIES IN PROTEIN THAT LEAD TO METABOLIC DISEASE?
This is the breakthrough in metabolic health that will improve world health.
- It is the story of Power Amino Acids in Factor4 Weight Control®
- Power amino acids consist of (i) essential amino acids, (ii) positive-charged amino acids, and (iii) satiety amino acids
- Essential amino acids are the key to a healthy planet.
WHY ARE ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS THE KEY TO A HEALTHY PLANET
- Essential amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, which are the most important molecules in our body as they regulate the metabolic pathways.
- Essential amino acids and positive-charged amino acids correct the protein deficiencies and rebalance metabolic pathways.
- Satiety amino acids tame appetite and cure addictive taste disorders generated by fast foods.
- By improving digestive health, power amino acids allow people to lower their caloric intake without suffering from hunger.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF FACTOR4 WEIGHT CONTROL?
It has 4 major benefits:
- It tames appetite allowing a reduction in caloric intake without feeling the hunger. It generates feelings of comfort, satisfaction and well-being, the components of satiety.
- It takes away the sweet tooth which decreases cravings for processed foods containing sugar, HFCS, and saturated fat.
- It builds muscle tissue moderately, even without exercise although exercise is important for optimal fitness.
- It boosts energy noticeably which increases activity in the absence of sugar or caffeine.
WHAT IS THE ULTIMATE BENEFIT OF FACTOR4 HEALTH TO THE PUBLIC?
Factor4 Weight Control® is in a position to rapidly change the paradigms in prevention and treatment of 4 epidemics, including:
- Type 2 diabetes,
- Lipid disorders,
- Cardiovascular disease
That is why we call it Factor4!
DR. SCHEELE, HOW DID YOU FIGURE OUT THIS FASCINATING STORY?
- It took more than 40 years of personal research to put this story together in a meaningful way.
- The story also had to be consistent with the research findings of many other scientists over this same period of time, who were supported with an estimated $50 billion in research funding by the National Institutes of Health.
HOW CAN OUR VIEWERS LEARN ABOUT THE COMPLETE STORY.
- The complete story is presented in The Obesity Cure, which is now available in book stores and on Amazon.
HOW CAN OUR VIEWERS OBTAIN FACTOR4 WEIGHT CONTROL®?
- To learn more about Factor4 and purchase the product, go to www.factor4health.com.
- Or call 888-870-3438 and tell them the Good Doctor sent you.
DR. SCHEELE, CAN YOU EXPLAIN HOW FAST FOOD HARMS THE BODY?
- Saturated fats overload fat depots (obesity), the liver (fatty liver), and the cells that line the arteries (plaque that leads to atherosclerosis, cardiovascular disease, heart attack and stroke).
- Refined sugar contains fructose which is metabolized in the liver to fatty acids which are transported to the three fat storage sites mentioned above.
- High sugar levels raise insulin which inhibits all of the body’s attempts to burn fat.
- High sugar levels cause biochemical reactions (Glycation and something called Advanced Glycation End Products, known as AGEs, that turn normal proteins into foreign bodies, which stimulate enormous inflammatory reactions in the blood stream, which accelerates atherosclerosis.
- We even know which foods are most associated with weight gain (potatoes) and which foods are most associated with weight loss (Yogurt) from research conducted as the Harvard School of Public Health.
DR. SCHEELE, WHY DID IT TAKE MORE THAN 30 YEARS & MORE THAN $50 BILLION IN RESEARCH SUPPORT TO REVEAL THIS STORY?
- This story could not emerge until we understood how proteins were lost from the body.
- This depended upon my invention of 2-dimensional gel electrophoresis, which allowed for the first time the separation of all the proteins in the human body, now estimated at 20,000.
- This procedure showed that it was the positive-charged proteins that were lost first.
DR. SCHEELE, DOES MEDICAL HISTORY SUPPORT YOUR STORY?
- Hippocrates said 2400 years ago, “Our Food Should Be Our Medicine, Our Medicine Should Be Our Food.”
- You Are What You Eat was published in 1942 by Victor Lindlahr, who claimed that “Ninety per cent of the diseases known to man are caused by cheap foodstuffs.”
- While these two authors were intuitively correct, the story could not be constructed until we discovered which proteins were lost from the human body under conditions of poor dietary health.
George A. Scheele, M.D.
Dr. Scheele is a world-renowned physician, inventor, author and two-time Nobel Associate, who has pioneered in understanding the critical role of amino acids in regulating metabolic health and body weight. He recently introduced Factor4 Weight Control® with essential ingredients to treat the four nutritional traps that lead to overweight disorders and obesity.
As a graduate of Princeton University and Johns Hopkins Medical School he served as Professors of Medicine on the faculties of The Rockefeller University, Yale University School of Medicine and Harvard Medical School. Dr. Scheele invented new concepts and techniques which “cracked the code” in understanding how Power Amino Acids® correct the deficiencies in amino acids, positive-charged proteins, and metabolic pathways that normalize body weight and restore metabolic health.
A pioneer in the development of the fields of Cell Biology and Molecular Biology and their impact on understanding chronic human diseases, he participated in work that won two Nobel Prizes in Medicine awarded in 1974 and 1999.
As a leader in nutritional science and medical research with 40 years of innovative scientific research and 10 years of breathtaking achievements in the fields of obesity and metabolic disease, Dr. Scheele’s passion has always been to “Make the World a Better Place”. After moving to La Jolla in 1998, he has utilized his vast experience to develop superior health-care products for individuals living in today’s fast-paced world.
Dr. Scheele is currently the Founder, President, and CEO of NovaLife, Inc. a San-Diego based biotech company that has pioneered in the development of innovative health-care products for people who suffer from obesity and metabolic diseases, including diabetes, lipid disorders, cardiovascular disease, autoimmune disorders, and aging.
Confidential Document: All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or any other information storage and retrieval system, without the written permission of the publisher.
Disclaimer: Factor4 Weight Control® is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease by the use of pharmaceutical drugs. As a dietary supplement, with all natural ingredients, considered to be “generally regarded as safe” (GRAS), Factor4 is intended only to improve health and wellness in the organs and tissues throughout the body. Comments and notations, derived from testimonials and limited human studies, have not been evaluated by the FDA. All results stated in these medical and scientific articles and on our website(s) are actual results from real customers or individuals included in our clinical trials. Individual results may vary depending on personal goals and use.