Break the “Metabolic Resistance Syndrome” in Obesity
To Avoid Weight Loss Plateaus
Dr. George Scheele
Here are 7 steps that will allow you to avoid or break the Metabolic Resistance Syndrome that is associated with toxic forms of obesity.
First, it is important for you to know if you suffer from obesity. This may be identified and confirmed when your waist circumference is more than half your height.
Second, it is important to determine what kind of obesity you have, whether you have a simple form of obesity (type 1) or a toxic form of obesity associated with the metabolic syndrome (types 2 and 3). You will know which obesity type you have by assessing the shape of your body as follows:
- Type 1 Obesity shows a normal body distribution of fat with enhanced central and peripheral fat pads.
- Type 2 Obesity shows excess belly fat with an increased belly/waist circumference indicating the presence of the metabolic syndrome.
- Type 3 Obesity shows both excess belly fat and excess peripheral fat, the most toxic pattern of all metabolic syndromes.
Third, you need to know the extent to which you are dependent on sugar with “carboholic behaviors” that lead to yo-yo metabolisms associated with sugar dependency and obesity. If you identify with any of these symptoms, you are likely to be dependent on sugar:
- Being overweight
- Being unable to change how your body looks, no matter how much you exercise.
- Being unable to lose weight or keep weight off.
- Showing prominent belly fat and/or “love handles”
- Constantly craving “comfort foods”
- Feeling consistently anxious or stressed out
- Feeling hungry all the time or at odd hours of the night
- Having a tendency to snack after meals
- Having problems falling or staying asleep
- Regularly craving sugar or stimulants like caffeine
Fourth, you need to know about the “Metabolic Resistance Syndrome,” which is responsible for weight loss plateaus. This syndrome disrupts hunger and satiety signals throughout the body via disruption of hormone signaling via both Insulin and Leptin:
- Insulin normally regulates glucose distribution throughout the body and when inactivated promotes high blood sugar, which leads to the metabolic syndrome and a long list of chronic degenerative diseases that lead to accelerated aging and premature death.
- Leptin normally blocks hunger and when inactivated stimulates hyperphagia or overeating.
Insulin and Leptin signaling is disrupted when blood sugar levels are elevated throughout the day leading to glycation of proteins, formation of glycation-end-products (AGEs), and inflammatory reactions caused by activation of the immune system, which further leads to excess deployment of oxygen-free radicals.
Without going into the chemistry of each of these reactions the end-result is a massive inflammatory response to altered proteins throughout the body. Insulin and Leptin are only two of these proteins. There are thousands of other proteins in the blood stream and on cell surfaces that become irreversibly altered and dysfunctional. When this happens the hormone-receptor interactions and signal transduction mechanisms throughout the body no longer regulate biological functions as intended. The body is trying to mend itself but the continued assault by sugar, inflammatory cytokines, and reactive oxygen species (free radicals) leads to massive dysfunctions in the form of chronic degenerative diseases associated with the Metabolic Syndrome.
Fifth, you need to know the chronic degenerative diseases that are associated with the Metabolic Syndrome that you would like to avoid. They are:
- Types 2 and 3 obesity
- Type 2 Diabetes with complications of kidney disease, liver disease, gallbladder disease and blindness
- Lipid disorders with high LDL and low HDL levels
- Cardiovascular disease with high blood pressure and impaired coronary, carotid, and peripheral blood flow
- Brain disease, including early dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease,
- Arthritis, particularly osteoarthritis
- Autoimmune diseases, including Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Psoriasis, Eczema, Rosacea, etc.
Sixth, you need to know how to avoid or break the Metabolic Resistance Syndrome with Factor4 Weight Control®. The good news is that the body has extraordinary healing mechanisms. So, if you are fastidious in avoiding sugar and carbohydrates and increase your Factor4 intake to heal your body you will be able to reverse most of the pathology associated with high-carb diets. So, here is what you need to do:
- Increase your daily exercise to at least 20 minutes of aerobic training each day
- Increase your sleep to a minimum of 7 hours throughout the night and sleep should be “off-limits” to eating, television, video games or telephone calls.
- Change your dietary habits as follows:
- Eat 3 meals a day.
- Lower caloric intake with Factor4 smoothies to provide meal replacements for breakfast and lunch. See http://blog.factor4health.com for Factor4 shake and smoothie recipes.
- Avoid all snacks at night with Factor4 shakes
- Take Factor4 to reduce your sweet tooth allowing you to assume a very-low-carb diet (optimally <100g of carbohydrate a day) avoiding refined sugar and processed foods to lower carbohydrate calories and avoid those glycation processes described above that trigger metabolic resistance syndrome, which leads to chronic degenerative disease throughout the body.
- Take Factor4 to avoid all high-glycemic carbs, like bread, pasta, potatoes, cereal, crackers, chips, desserts and those sugary beverages.
- Take Factor4 to shift from animal-based foods to plant-based foods and thereby reduce your fat load.
- Follow either the DASH diet or the Mediterranean diet to eat a nutritious dinner with two vegetables and a protein source
- Enjoy healthy fats, including fish, chicken, turkey, eggs, low-fat milk, zero-fat yogurt, butter, and cheese in moderation to provide healthy saturated fats to preserve brain functions including cognitive skills and memory.
- Enjoy avocados, nuts, and olives which provide healthy monounsaturated fats
- Coconut oil to provide medium chain triglycerides, a super-fuel for mitochondrial energy
- Take Factor4 to sleep longer thereby extending your nighttime fasting periods.
- Increase heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids through the ingestion of fresh-water fish, extra-virgin olive oil, and macadamia nut oil instead of unhealthy omega-6 fatty acids derived from vegetable oils and tasty chips.
- Supplement your omega-3 fatty acids with DHA/EPA supplements, at least 6 soft gel caps per day. Fish and krill oil are healthier than flaxseed oil.
If you still have a weight-loss problem and want to lose those excess pounds, feel better and improve your metabolic health, increase your daily intake of Factor4 to 4 scoops per serving and increase your Factor4 intake to 4 shakes or smoothies per day. We call this Factor4 regimen a Factor4, 4 x 4. Since Factor4 has no harmful side effects, you can increase the daily intake to levels that will breakthrough stubborn weight-loss plateaus.
BENEFITS OF FACTOR4 WEIGHT CONTROL®
Factor4 is built on innovative technology that suppresses appetite and restores metabolism using natural feedback mechanisms related to Power Amino Acids®. With patent protection and a unique proprietary formula Factor4 tames appetite and balances metabolism by correcting deficiencies in the food chain caused by poor nutrition, the food industry and the beverage industry.
Power Amino Acids® ensure weight-loss health by exploiting the body’s natural feedback mechanisms to:
- Tame appetite to avoid food cravings
- Burn fat to lose excess body weight
- Build muscle to improve body definition
- Boost Energy to tackle life with vitality
Power Amino Acids® comprise a proprietary blend of essential, positive-charged, and satiety amino acids, which enable the following bonuses:
- Healthy Lifestyles with increased satiety, improved diet, exercise, sleep, attitude, and less dependency on sugar, caffeine and alcohol.
- Weight Control with lower body weight, improved body definition, and increased pep, energy, activity, stamina, endurance and performance.
- Metabolic Health with lower levels of blood cholesterol, triglycerides, sugar and less metabolic disease, including overweight disorders, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, osteoarthritis, and gallbladder, liver & kidney disease.
- Anti-Aging Health with increased longevity and quality of life evidenced by reduced chronic degenerative disease and enhanced feelings of comfort, satisfaction, and well-being.
George A. Scheele, M.D.
Dr. Scheele is a world-renowned physician, inventor, author and two-time Nobel Associate, who has pioneered in understanding the critical role of amino acids in regulating metabolic health and body weight. He recently introduced Factor4 Weight Control® with essential ingredients to treat the four nutritional traps that lead to overweight disorders and obesity.
As a graduate of Princeton University and Johns Hopkins Medical School he served as Professors of Medicine on the faculties of The Rockefeller University, Yale University School of Medicine and Harvard Medical School. Dr. Scheele invented new concepts and techniques which “cracked the code” in understanding how Power Amino Acids® correct the deficiencies in amino acids, positive-charged proteins, and metabolic pathways that normalize body weight and restore metabolic health.
A pioneer in the development of the fields of Cell Biology and Molecular Biology and their impact on understanding chronic human diseases, he participated in work that won two Nobel Prizes in Medicine awarded in 1974 and 1999.
As a leader in nutritional science and medical research with 40 years of innovative scientific research and 10 years of breathtaking achievements in the fields of obesity and metabolic disease, Dr. Scheele’s passion has always been to “Make the World a Better Place”. After moving to La Jolla in 1998, he has utilized his vast experience to develop superior health-care products for individuals living in today’s fast-paced world.
Dr. Scheele is currently the Founder, President, and CEO of NovaLife, Inc. a San-Diego based biotech company that has pioneered in the development of innovative health-care products for people who suffer from obesity and metabolic diseases, including diabetes, lipid disorders, cardiovascular disease, autoimmune disorders, and aging.
Confidential Document: All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or any other information storage and retrieval system, without the written permission of the publisher.
Disclaimer: This product is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease by the use of pharmaceutical drugs. As a dietary supplement, with all natural ingredients, considered to be “generally regarded as safe” (GRAS), Factor4 is intended only to improve health and wellness in the organs and tissues throughout the body. Comments and notations, derived from testimonials and limited human studies, have not been evaluated by the FDA. All results stated in this white paper and on our website(s) are actual results from real customers or individuals included in our clinical trials. Individual results may vary depending on personal goals and use.