Power Amino Acids® and Factor4 Health
In Overweight Disorders, Obesity and Metabolic Disease
George A. Scheele, M.D.
THE CHALLENGE OF OBESITY AND METABOLIC DISEASE
America is suffering from poor health despite enormous strides in medical science. The statistics are clear. Since 1980 obesity in adults has doubled; obesity in children has tripled; and morbid obesity (more than 100 pounds overweight) has sextupled. To make matters worse, only one-third of Americans have been able to achieve sustained health and wellness through dietary health. The other two-thirds of Americans are suffering from an epidemic of metabolic disorders, called the Metabolic Syndrome, which is associated variously with increased levels of blood cholesterol, triglycerides, sugar and metabolic disease, including overweight disorders, obesity, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, osteoarthritis, and gallbladder, liver & kidney disease.
In June, 2013 the American Medical Association recognized Obesity as a discrete disease. As shown in the table below, the number of people with overweight disorders, obesity and associated metabolic disease is enormous:
Prevalence in US
|Obesity, Class I, II, III||
|Prediabetes with elevated fasting blood sugar||
|Type 2 Diabetes with elevated blood sugar and Hemoglobin A1c||
|Lipid Disorders with elevated triglycerides, total cholesterol, LDL and LDL/HDL||
|Hypertension with elevated blood pressure||
|Cardiovascular disease with elevated C-Reactive Protein (CRP)||
A complete list of diseases associated with obesity, which covers 14 sub-specialties in the field of internal medicine, may be seen here.
OBESITY RESPONDS POORLY TO PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS
Despite the immense need for an effective weight loss program and the enormous amount of efforts that have been spent on commercializing pharmaceutical drugs, dietary supplements, and weight loss programs, there has been almost universal failure in these attempts.
Over the past 20 years nearly every pharmaceutical drug has been withdrawn from the market after the FDA issued warning letters on the harmful side effects associated with these products.
THE SOLUTION TO OBESITY AND METABOLIC DISEASE: FACTOR4 WEIGHT CONTROL®
Factor4 Health is central to weight control and metabolic health, particularly as we age. Factor4 is built on innovative technology that suppresses appetite and restores metabolism using natural feedback mechanisms related to Power Amino Acids®. With patent protection and a unique proprietary formula Factor4 tames appetite and balances metabolism by correcting deficiencies in positive-charged amino acids, proteins and metabolic pathways.
Power Amino Acids® ensure weight-loss health by exploiting the body’s natural feedback mechanisms to:
- Tame appetite to avoid food cravings
- Burn fat to lose excess body weight
- Build muscle to improve body definition
- Boost Energy to tackle life with vitality
Power Amino Acids® comprise a proprietary blend of essential, positive-charged, and satiety amino acids, which enable the following bonuses:
- Healthy Lifestyles with increased satiety, improved diet, exercise, sleep, attitude, and less dependency on sugar, caffeine and alcohol.
- Weight Control with lower body weight, improved body definition, and increased pep, energy, activity, stamina, endurance and performance.
- Metabolic Health with lower levels of blood cholesterol, triglycerides, sugar and less metabolic disease, including overweight disorders, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, osteoarthritis, and gallbladder, liver & kidney disease.
- Anti-Aging Health with increased longevity and quality of life evidenced by reduced chronic degenerative disease and enhanced feelings of comfort, satisfaction, and well-being.
FACTOR4 HEALTH IMPROVES MEDICAL CARE AND OUTCOMES FOR OBESITY
Factor4 Weight Control® with essential, positive-charged and satiety amino acids (Power Amino Acids®) has been shown to improve results and ensure weight loss success when compared with other weight loss strategies, including popular diets, weight loss programs, meal programs or weight loss products.
In 2007 NovaLife conducted a one year clinical trial on Factor4 Weight Control® in 25 obese subjects. Twenty four of these subjects (96%) lost significant amounts of weight within the first 3 months and continued to lose weight as shown in the table below. Results are statistically significant at p<0.01.
|Weight loss in pounds||
|Weight loss in % body weight||
As the FDA requires a 5% reduction in body weight over 12 months to justify weight loss claims, Factor4 exceeds this threshold level by more than 3-times and outpaces all of the drugs that are being developed by biotechnology companies to treat obesity.
Between 2008 and 2013 we refined our treatment protocols and now understand how to normalize body weight in all age groups, both genders, and all body mass index levels from BMI values of 25 to over 50. We have increased weight loss results up to 33% as a percentage of body weight in patients with morbid obesity. In more than 4,000 unique patients we have now achieved proof-of-concept for Factor4 Weight Control®. We have learned that when patients fail to achieve their desired weight, it is essential that we provide concierge medical services to break through treatment plateaus.
Refinements in the dietary regimen using Factor4 meal replacements twice daily and Factor4 shakes to avoid evening snacks have increased the weight loss performance of Factor4 over the past 2 years. In addition, metabolic risk factors for the above diseases have all moved toward normalized values in patients who continue the Factor4 regimen. As metabolic diseases disappear, the need for expensive surgical procedures (lap band; gastric/intestinal bypass; amputations, kidney dialysis; kidney transplants; coronary angiography, stents, bypass procedures), medical care and drugs disappear as well.
Physiological Mechanisms in Factor4 Health
Factor4 Weight Control® acts as the primary driver in changing physiological systems throughout the body, most notably improving digestion, metabolism, and satiety in appetite centers of the brain and gut that are required to significantly reduce the intake of refined sugars, processed carbs, and saturated fats. Factor4 also corrects for the deficiencies in positive-charged amino acids, proteins and enzyme-driven metabolic pathways that are associated with disease pathogenesis.
When taken correctly Factor4 protects against diet- and age-related disorders that lead to metabolic diseases like obesity, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease, including their complications (hyperglycemic and hypoglycemic attacks, heart attacks, strokes, kidney disease, and blindness) that require emergency room visits, hospitalizations, acute care, post-acute care, outpatient care, long-term care and in many cases hospice care as well.
All in all Dr. Scheele has been able to record 20 general health benefits of Factor4 and up to 50 different ways that patients may feel better in the eight major health systems in the body, including: (i) body weight and energy, (ii) beauty health (hair, skin and nails), (iii) Mental balance/health, (iv) digestive health, (v) metabolic health, (vi) immune health, (vii) sexual and reproductive health and (viii) anti-aging health.
MORE EFFECTIVE THAN PROTEIN POWDERS
Note that Factor4, containing Power Amino Acids® and backup protein, is 5 to 10 times more effective in reducing appetite and maintaining health than more expensive protein powders that are found on the market today. Evidence for this assertion appears in the Scientific Articles posted on our blogsite at http://blog.factor4health.com.
The successful formulation of Factor4 Weight Control® depended on Dr. Scheele’s unique understanding of the role amino acids, proteins, hormones and neurotransmitters play in feedback mechanisms which regulate digestive health, metabolism, and body weight throughout the animal kingdom.
Through Dr. Scheele’s dedicated efforts over the past 40 years, we now have a unique product in a new class of dietary supplements with imprimis credentials to tame appetite, satisfy food cravings, increase energy and optimize fat-burning potential.
Thus Factor4 Weight Control® with free Power Amino Acids:
- Rapidly closes the food chain gap to correct deficiencies in positive-charged amino acids, proteins, and enzyme-driven metabolic pathways. By rebalancing metabolic pathways, Power Amino Acids stimulate fat metabolism.
- Tames (reduces) appetite to avoid addictive taste disorders and prevent food cravings, thus allowing reduction in caloric intake without hunger. Factor4 shakes provide feelings of comfort, satisfaction and well-being within minutes of ingestion and continue to control appetite for hours.
- Increases lean body mass (muscle tissue) which improves energy and helps burn fat.
- Increases body energy without the yo-yo metabolism of sugar, high-fructose-corn-syrup, caffeine or guarana, which stimulates the desire for exercise.
- Retains anabolic health at reduced caloric intake which prevents catabolic reactions including starvation mechanisms.
- Improves the digestive process by stimulating Cholecystokinin (CCK) release which stimulates secretion of pancreatic digestive enzymes into the digestive track.
- Helps prevent formation of gallstones and associated gallbladder and liver disease by stimulating CCK-dependent gallbladder contraction.
- Helps promote a natural cleanse of the GI tract through gallbladder contraction which enhances ileal and colonic evacuation. Enhances regularity in bowel movements and prevents constipation through the same natural cleansing mechanisms.
- Improves health in all the organs and tissues of the body, including the brain.
- Improves dietary health in the 8 major health systems in the body which includes (i) Body Weight and Energy, (ii) Beauty Health, (iii) Mental Balance/Health, (iv) Digestive Health, (v) Metabolic Health, (vi) Immune Health, (vii) Sexual and reproductive health, and (viii) Aging Health.
- Helps to normalize body weight, improve body definition, and increase pep, energy, activity, stamina, endurance and performance.
- Promotes healthy lifestyles, including increased satiety, improved diet, exercise, sleep, attitude, and less dependency on sugar, caffeine and alcohol.
- Helps combat metabolic risk factors, including high blood pressure and increased levels of cholesterol, triglycerides and sugar in the bloodstream.
- Helps combat chronic degenerative diseases associated with the metabolic syndrome, including obesity, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, type-2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and gallbladder, liver and kidney disease.
- Helps combat inflammatory diseases, including autoimmune diseases and cardiovascular disease.
- Helps promote anti-aging health with increased longevity and quality of life evidenced by reduced chronic degenerative disease and enhanced feelings of comfort, satisfaction, and well-being
- Combats loss of productivity and accelerated aging.
- Helps combat alcohol dependency disorders and alcoholism.
- Helps combat stress-related disorders including depression, anxiety, anger, rage, aggression and post-traumatic Stress Disorders.
- Helps promote body repair and tissue healing.
Based on a comparison between Factor4 and protein powders, it is clear that NovaLife has introduced a new class of dietary supplement designed to optimize weight loss health. The Factor4 Health technology utilizes a unique combination of free and bound amino acid blends to achieve health benefits that far exceed the benefits observed with individual ingredients like protein powders. Factor4 Weight Control® is unique in its ability to normalize body weight as well as improve metabolic parameters and risk factors associated with the Metabolic Syndrome. As such Factor4 Weight Control® has the imprimis credentials to provide first-in-class benefits for health and wellness programs around the world.
The Factor4 Weight Control® technology is protected by two issued patents:
- US Patent No. 7,982,066 B2 issued on July 19, 2011
- US Patent No. 8,362,297 B2 issued on January 29, 2013
GEORGE A. SCHEELE, M.D.
Dr. Scheele is a world-renowned physician, inventor, author and two-time Nobel Associate, who has pioneered in understanding the critical role of amino acids in regulating metabolic health and body weight. He recently introduced Factor4 Weight Control® with essential ingredients to treat the four nutritional traps that lead to overweight disorders and obesity.
As a graduate of Princeton University and Johns Hopkins Medical School he served as Professors of Medicine on the faculties of The Rockefeller University, Yale University School of Medicine and Harvard Medical School. Dr. Scheele invented new concepts and techniques which “cracked the code” in understanding how Power Amino Acids® correct the deficiencies in amino acids, positive-charged proteins, and metabolic pathways that normalize body weight and restore metabolic health.
A pioneer in the development of the fields of Cell Biology and Molecular Biology and their impact on understanding chronic human diseases, he participated in work that won two Nobel Prizes in Medicine awarded in 1974 and 1999.
As a leader in nutritional science and medical research with 40 years of innovative scientific research and 10 years of breathtaking achievements in the fields of obesity and metabolic disease, Dr. Scheele’s passion has always been to “Make the World a Better Place”. After moving to La Jolla in 1998, he has utilized his vast experience to develop superior health-care products for individuals living in today’s fast-paced world.
Dr. Scheele is currently the Founder, President, and CEO of NovaLife, Inc. a San-Diego based biotech company that has pioneered in the development of innovative health-care products for people who suffer from obesity and metabolic diseases, including diabetes, lipid disorders, cardiovascular disease, autoimmune disorders, and aging.
Confidential Document: All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or any other information storage and retrieval system, without the written permission of the publisher.
Disclaimer: This product is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease by the use of pharmaceutical drugs. As a dietary supplement, with all natural ingredients, considered to be “generally regarded as safe” (GRAS), Factor4 is intended only to improve health and wellness in the organs and tissues throughout the body. Comments and notations, derived from testimonials and limited human studies, have not been evaluated by the FDA. All results stated in this white paper and on our website(s) are actual results from real customers or individuals included in our clinical trials. Individual results may vary depending on personal goals and use.
Approximately 70% of the diseases treated in the field of internal medicine are associated with obesity. It follows that the favorable treatment of obesity and its inflammatory components may be expected to improve the health of the associated conditions. The complete list of associated conditions, which covers 14 sub-specialties in the field of medicine, is shown below.
|Internal Medicine||Metabolic Syndrome and metabolic risk factors:
|Cardiology||Hypertension; Ischemic heart disease; Myocardial infarction; Congestive Heart Failure; Deep vein thrombosis; Pulmonary embolism|
|Endrocrinology||Diabetes; Polycystic ovarian disease|
|Reproduction||Infertility; Menstrual Disorders; Pregnancy complications; Birth defects; Fetal death, ED|
|Nephrology & Urology||Renal Failure; Urinary incontinence|
|Gastroenterology||Gastroesophageal reflux; Gallstones; Fatty Liver|
|Rheumatology & Orthopedics||Osteoarthritis, Low back pain; Gout; Poor Mobility|
|Pulmonary||Sleep disorders; Sleep apnea; Hypoventilation Syndrome; Asthma; Complications from general anesthesia|
|Oncology||Cancers in Breast; Ovaries; Prostate; Kidney; Esophageal; Colorectal; Pancreatic; Liver; Stomach; Gallbladder; Uterine; Cervical; Non-Hodgkins lymphoma; Multiple myeloma|
|Dermatology||Cellulitis; Lymphedema; Psoriasis|
|Neurology||Stroke; Dementia; Alzheimer’s Disease; Neuropathy; Migraines|
|Psychiatry||Depression; Anger; Social Stigma|
|Ophthalmology||Hypertensive retinitis, Blindness|